Active Policy Solutions works to advance the legislative and advocacy goals of its clients and has experience obtaining results. Some other key examples of our success include:
- Secured new guidance from the Department of Education to clarify that schools can partner with single sex organizations like our client, Girls On the Run.
- Passed legislation in California for USA Cheer that will lead to the statewide adoption of their new sport, STUNT.
- Brokered an agreement for Varsity Brands with the Partnership for a Healthier America. This initiative will allocate more than half a million dollars to increase nutrition and physical activity programming to the 400,000 young people and 26,000 coaches, mentors, and advisors that are part of its network of camps and competitions.
- On behalf of Up2Us, Active Policy Solutions secured a Government Accountability Office study to examine the state of physical education and athletic opportunities for students in secondary and post-secondary educational institutions.
- Active Policy Solutions, on behalf of the DC Athletic Trainers Association negotiated several major legislative changes to an omnibus Washington, DC health regulation bill that had been signed into law prior to our representation that had potentially severe consequences for athletic trainers if unchanged.
- Secured legislative language on behalf of the Lakeshore Foundation that increased awareness and inclusiveness of people with disabilities in: Rep. Dan Kildee’s (D-MI) H.R. 4086, 21st Century Community Learning Center Program reauthorization bill, Rep. Marcia Fudge’s (D-OH) Fit for Life Act, and Rep. Ron Kind’s (D-WI) Healthy Choices Act. This work led to fruitful changes in the nation’s education laws through language included in the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (replacement for No Child Left Behind).
- Working with USA Cheer, we developed and executed a strategy to create a new collegiate and high school sport for women (STUNT), which has grown to span over 50 colleges and universities and ten high school athletic associations.
- For the USTA, APS created the Congressional Tennis Caucus to provide a forum in Congress to discuss the critical role that tennis can play in advancing healthy lifestyles, improving educational outcomes, and supporting our military.